At that time, it was ministered to by the Fort Bonifacio Military Chaplaincy. In 1984, a concrete chapel was built. The chapel community became part of the Mater Dolorosa Parish at East Rembo on 8 September 1987 and of Archdiocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe at Guadalupe Nuevo on 18 May 1990.
In response to the pastoral needs of the faithful of Barangay Cembo, the Saint John Mary Vianney Parish was established by the late + Jaime Cardinal Sin D.D., then Archbishop of Manila on 4 August 2002, 143 years after the Cure of Ars last kissed his crucifix and gently passed into eternity. On that same day, Rev. Fr. Jaime S. Marquez was installed as the first parish priest. After a year, the late Cardinal also officiated in the ground breaking for construction of the church. The parish community is comprised of 27, 321 Catholic faithful within a 21.5 hectare land area. It also has two chapel sub-communities: the Chapel of Charity at Guadalupe Bliss-Guadalupe Mansion and the Chapel of Hope at Macda.
In 11 November 2005, His Eminence Gaudencio Cardinal Rosales D.D., current Archbishop of Manila, blessed the church sacristy, pews, and confessional.
In 29 June 2006, at the culmination of the construction work, and with the help of the grace of God, the same Archbishop led the celebration of the consecration of the altar and dedication of the church of Saint John Mary Vianney Parish for divine worship for all time.
- Location : Narra St., Brgy. Cembo, Makati City
- Telefax: 881-5078
- Parish Priest: Fr. Jaime S. Marquez
- Established: August 04, 2002
- District: Makati
- Vicariate: Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Vicar Forane: Fr. Roderick L. Castro
- Feastday: August 04
- Titular: Saint John Mary Vianney
Incoming search terms:
- st john mary vianney parish cembo makati
- saint john mary vianney parish church makati philippines
- st john vianney cembo
- cembo st Vianney
- st john mary vianney parish makati
- st john mary vianney parish makati city
- st john vianney church pembo makati