The Basilica Minore de San Sebastián, better known as San Sebastián Church, is a Roman Catholic minor basilica in Manila, the Philippines. It is the seat of the Parish of San Sebastian and the National Shrine of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel.
Completed in 1891, San Sebastián Church is noted for its architectural features. An example of the revival of Gothic architecture in the Philippines, it is the only all-steel church or basilica in Asia. and claimed as the only prefabricated steel church in the world. In 2006, San Sebastian Church was included in the Tentative List for possible designation as a World Heritage Site. It was designated as a National Historical Landmark by the Philippine government in 1973.
San Sebastián Church is under the care of The Order of the Augustinian Recollects, who also operate a college adjacent to the basilica. It is located at Plaza del Cármen, at the eastern end of Claro M. Recto Street, in Quiapo, Manila.
- Location Quiapo, Manila, Philippines
- Year consecrated 1891
- Ecclesiastical or organizational status Minor basilica
Incoming search terms:
- san sebastian church
- san sebastian church manila mass schedule
- san sebastian church mass schedule
- lipa cathedral mass schedule
- schedule of saturday mass at san sebastian church manila philippines
- san sebastian church manila website
- san sebastian church recto mass schedule
- mass schedule at san sebastian church manila
- mass schedule san sebastian church
- san sebastian church manila pamana ph