Basilica de San Martin de Tours is a Minor Basilica in the town of Taal, Batangas in the Philippines. It is considered to be the largest church in the Philippines and in Asia, standing 96 metres (315 ft) long and 45 metres (148 ft) wide. St. Martin of Tours is the patron saint of Taal, whose fiesta is celebrated every November 11.
In December 8, 1954, the church was relegated into a Minor Basilica, the third in the country to be given such honor. The church was again restored in 1972 by the Taal Quadricentennial Council for the 400th anniversary of the town’s establishment. By Presidential Decree No. 375 on January 16, 1974, the church was declared a National Shrine. The damaged belfry was later restored in 1990 under the supervision of the National Historical Institute.
- Affiliation : Roman Catholic
- Province : Batangas
- Municipality : Taal
- Year consecrated : 1865
- Heritage designation 1954
Incoming search terms:
- taal church mass schedule
- basilica de san martin de tours
- famous architectures in the philippines
- schedule of mass in taal batangas church
- minor basilica of st martin mass schedule